Good health is the foundation in living a long and satisfactory life.
Paracelsus, Galen, and Hippocrates, the two other founding fathers, prescribed fasting for all serious ailments and also recommended it as an excellent preventative program. Yet, fasting isn’t being taught in any of America’s medical schools. Why?
Unless you live miles away from any modernized civilization and have the ‘perfect’ diet, it is highly likely that your blood and other tissues have accumulated poisonous toxins.You don’t have to feel sick and tired all the time! You don’t have to lose your vitality as you age. We are here to tell you that you can age gracefully!
Take one look around the world today. The signs are everywhere! We are over-eating our way to a disaster.
A raw fresh fruit and vegetable fast is a great way for you to purify your body and eliminate toxins before they become a reoccurring problem in your life.
What is The History of Fasting ?
Fasting is the oldest and most natural healing mechanism of all time. Every animal on the planet except modern human fasts instinctively when sick.
Extended fasting has been recommended as therapy for countless conditions by health professionals of most cultures, throughout history, from ancient to modern times.
Research suggests there are major health benefits to fasting.
There is a long list of benefits you can receive from fasting. They include reduced risks of cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, immune disorders, and insulin resistance.
Our favorite benefit is the anti-aging effect fasting can have on the body.
This means increasing the maximum human life span.
To this day caloric restriction is still the only way scientists have prolonged a rodents life span!
What Happens to Your Body When You Do a Juice Fast?
Fasting purifies the body and clarifies the mind.
Fasting sets off an amazing cleansing process within that reaches down to each and every cell and tissue inside your body. After 24 hours, your body stops focusing on digestion and can begin focusing on growth and repair.
Enzymes stop entering the stomach and instead travel to the intestines and blood stream. It is at this time that these enzymes can start doing their job and eliminating all types of waste matter. This includes dead and damaged cells, toxins and unwelcomed bacteria and fungi!
When fasting, all your organs get a much needed rest. This ‘break’ helps your organs purify and rejuvenate giving them back their function, balance and regulation.
The entire gastrointestinal tract is swept clean during the fasting process and you may be alarmed as to what comes out the other end.
What are the Benefits of a Juice Fast?
When you do a juice fast you are not only giving your body optimal nutrition from fruits and vegetables, you are also giving it an extended break from having to digest solid food. The perfect double whammy!
- It purifies and cleans the bloodstream.
- Introduces proper pH balance back to the blood.
- Fasting is one of the best ways to lose weight.
- Fasting can dissolve mucus and debris from the colon.
- By juicing you are super charging your nutrient intake.
- Retraining your taste buds.
The reason juices work so efficiently is because of the fact that when you separate the mineral elements and distilled water in the food from the fibers the liquid is digested in a matter of minutes. Rather than the labor and time it takes your digestive system to separate those minerals and fibers on its own.
Fiber is necessary, it serves a very useful and essential purpose (keeping you regular), but there is actually no nourishment located in the fiber itself.
Why is a Juice Fast 7 Days?
A question we get a lot is why are most fasts 7 days? Why not 6 or 8? Well because 7 days is a magical number found in nature! You don’t believe us?
Check these 7 facts out
- The world has 7 continents and 7 seas.
- 7 is the pH balance for pure water.
- The moon orbits the earth every 7 days.
- The spectrum has 7 Colors.
- Women’s menstrual cycle occurs in four units of seven.
- It takes the entire bloodstream 7 days to cleanse itself via fasting.
- It takes the lymph nodes exactly 7 days to rid toxins!
So those 3 day juice cleanses people do while still eating solid foods are nice but really aren’t doing the job!
It’s time to get back to nature. It’s time to listen to nature.
We are currently working on creating our 7 days Juicing Cleanse Plan. Please Subscribe to our Newsletter to be notified once it’s released!
How Much Juice Should I Drink During a Juice Fast?
2-9 Pints per day.
This is not a number set in stone however.
You can drink as much juice as your heart desires!
The more juice you drink the quicker results.
It’s very easy ladies. ‘Just juice it!’
We recommend buying your own juicer when embarking on your juice cleanse because buying 9 juices a day at a health food store can get very expensive. In fact if you buy 9 juices a day at $7 a piece for 7 days that equals $441! Which is more expensive than our Best Recommended Juicer.
What Side Effects May You Feel From Doing a Juice Fast?
Most people feel amazing the first two days on an exclusive fruit or vegetable fast. Any unpleasant side effects will start to be felt on the third and fourth day of fasting. This a direct result of toxins flooding the blood stream en route for quick elimination. At this time the bloodstream is overloaded with toxins being excreted by the cells for removal by the kidneys. Stay strong though because in order for any fast to actually work you have to go through this ‘detox’ period.
Some people have reported feeling pain in old injuries. This is because the body is re-opening old wounds to heal them more thoroughly.
By day 5, 6 and 7 you should be filled with clarity, lightness, energy and excitement!
- You can expect to lose anywhere from 5-10 lbs.
- I lost 10 pounds my first time doing a 7 day juice fast!
- Your skin may be radiant, soft and completely clear of any pimples or blemishes!
- Your energy may be at an all time high!
After your fast is done you will need less food to make you feel satisfied, which is great for avoiding over eating and keeping the pounds off in the future!
- Remember, be mentally strong. Tell yourself this is for the best and that you will be better for it. Positive affirmations work. Don’t talk yourself out of this.
- The first day will be easiest. It takes 24 hours for the body to start detoxing and releasing toxins into the bloodstream.
- The third day can be the most difficult as this is when the body is carrying out ten times as many toxins as normal. This is a good thing! Get rid of those toxins!
- Some people compare it to a bad hangover. (If you’ve ever had that before)
- Stay stress free and peaceful.
- Symptoms you may feel include: fatigue, weakness, stiffness, nausea and lightheadedness.
- The less toxic you become the easier it will be to fast.
- Any negative feelings you may have are not a result of malnutrition. You are not going to die from starvation. So don’t give up! This is just your body getting rid of toxins!
- The worse you feel during the three days the more toxic your body is.
- There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there because after this you will feel better than ever and your body will thank you for it!
- Do not fast for longer than 10 days without medical supervision.
- Buy the best produce that is available to you. I prefer going to a local farmers market where I can bargain and usually find fresher produce for the same price or even cheaper than those name brand super stores. And you’re supporting local farmers.
In a perfect world we would all grow our own fruits and vegetables in our back yard. If you don’t have that luxury find the best quality in your area. We always shop for high quality. Some people complain and say it’s too expensive. It is a small price to pay for what you are getting in return. When it comes to fruits, vegetables and taking care of our health we don’t like to cut corners.
What do you eat after doing a juice fast?
The fast is a gateway into a new healthy life. It is a starting point to a new healthy you.
For this reason it would be foolish to introduce those same toxic foods back into your diet directly after a fast.
Break the fast with a light meal of raw vegetables. A good choice is carrots, cabbage and lettuce.
A few hours later have some mild fruit. A good example would be a plate of apples, grapes and pears. No dried fruit.
You can also have a nice plate of steamed vegetables such as squash, broccoli, asparagus or string beans.
Toasted bread with a nut butter is also a good choice. But make sure it is toasted for it easier to digest toasted bread.
The second day after the fast should look the exact same as the first. So have your fill of fresh raw fruits and vegetables.
On the third day you can reintroduce meat and or cheese for protein. We always recommend organic free range meats that eat a natural diet.
You are not only what you eat, you are also what your animal eats.
If you break the laws of Mother Nature you can be sentenced to a lifetime of toxemia and chronic disease. Germs are not the reason people ‘catch’ colds and other contagious diseases. Everyone is exposed to germs. They are floating in the air constantly and present in our food and water at all times.
* If you are taking medication, we suggest you consult with your physician before embarking on a juice fast.